Jay Kim: Episode with Catherine van der Meulen
Catherine van der Meulen is a veritable know-it-all when it comes to all-things-retail. After working for her father’s company, Australia’s famous fast-fashion retailer Supré, Catherine charted a different course and founded THiNK Business Services, a business development agency dedicated to helping Australian businesses and organizations of all kinds grow while creating positive impacts for the communities and customers they serve.
When Catherine van der Meulen isn’t helping businesses define their core values and purpose, she works as the retail relations and academy manager at Inside Retail, Australia’s leading authority on retail industry news and trends for over 45 years. Catherine steps away from her role of co-organizer of StartmeupHK Festival’s Retail’s Cutting Edge forum to discuss the current state of the retail industry in Hong Kong with Jay.
Today, you’ll hear about:
– How brands can use technology to foster relationships with customers
– How to deliver exceptional brand experiences in the retail space
– Why your business needs a greater purpose and meaning than profit, especially in the retail world
– Why you can’t afford to miss the Retail’s Cutting Edge forum
– Don’t forget to tweet your questions and comments to @jaykimmer.
JAY KIM is a Hong Kong-based investor, author, and fitness entrepreneur. He is a popular podcaster and the host of The Jay Kim Show. Jay is an active early-stage investor and avid supporter of the start-up ecosystem in Asia. Reach out to him directly on Twitter @jaykimmer.